Saturday, March 5, 2011

Next Months Challenge

I have things to do today, but all I seem to want to do is play with all of the blog features, most of which I have no freaking clue how to manage. I find all these nifty widgets and I want to play with them, but I can't seem to figure out even the most basic copy and paste actions. I mean I get the whole, copy this code then paste it, but seriously, where exactly do I paste it??? Maybe I'm just a tech-reject I don't know, but I have now spent three good writing hours attempting to add things like my Goodreads.com bookshelf and all I've got to show for it is ...well nothing. I managed to tweet a few things and found some new blogs to follow, because you know I need more distractions.

I did find a cool April blog challenge that I plan to participate in during the month of April (you know in April...loving my genius sentence structure). It should be pretty interesting finding a topic for each letter of the alphabet on everyday of the week except for Sunday's. It's a bit of a commitment and you know how I feel about that, but I guess we will see how well I pull through. I made it through NanoWrimo in November and surpassed the 50K word mark so I think I can pull this off. That's all for now, though if any of you can send me help on how to improve my blog and how to add widgets without totally screwing up the code I'd be oh so grateful!! And by help on improving my blog I really only mean the widgets...ha...just kidding. All suggestions and criticisms are welcome!

Link to the blog challenge if any of you are interested!!Click here

http://www.tossingitout.blogspot.com/2011/01/very-special-and-exciting-announcement.html

~Cheers~
Mandi

5 comments:

  1. You'll find the A to Z challenge fun and a great way to meet new bloggers. I made really nice friends last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on you'll find out how to add the stuff. I'm all self taught too. Try adding an HTML gadget and pasting in the code there. I found you on the A to Z challenge list. I look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you! I've had my blog since August and still can't figure out how to get all of the fun stuff on. I WAS able to change my background untilrecently and now I'm even getting an error message when I try to do that! If you figure anything out let me know. :) Excited to read more of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia - Thank you! I am looking forward to the challenge I think it will be a great way to broaden my writing abilities and get to know some other bloggers!

    Sheila & Linda- I am making slow progress with the gadgets and widgets etc., but at least it's progress. Thanks for the suggestion Sheial and Linda if I learn anything really cool I will be sure to share it with ya....but don't hold your breath! LOL! It might be awhile before I have anything! :)

    ReplyDelete