Monday, January 17, 2011

Stuck

I started this blog so that I could write about all the things that are hard to talk about as step-parents. I wanted to be a voice of honesty about the overwhelming emotions that are tied to being someones parent, but not totally being someones parent. I wanted to say the things that I hope I'm not the only one feeling. I wanted to be bold and intrepid....mostly this blog is turning out to be more tepid than intrepid. I don't know if it is that I don't want to write those emotions, I don't know if I'm still afraid to say them. I know that I am afraid because they are constantly evolving as my relationship with my step kids evolves and I am afraid that if I write something now that later turns out to be untrue, it might be held against me. But then again just because it's not true later on down the road doesn't change the fact that it might be true today, and I guess that's what's important. I'm working on it....till then to my three little followers my mantra will be "BE BOLD, BE INTREPID".

No comments:

Post a Comment